Clinical Observation Group
Want to build your skills and experience as an herbalist?
Clinical Observation Groups are for advanced herbal students or practicing clinical herbalists who want to train through observation, craft formulas in a supportive environment, and collaborate with other herbalists.
If you’re a student herbalist or working towards RH clinical observation hours, this is a space for you to watch a more experienced herbalist and build your confidence. I am a Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild and have been in private practice since 2015. You are invited to get a window into the way I work with clients via Zoom. Plus you’ll have a chance to hear from other herbalists about their assessment, client goals, and formula ideas. I truly believe that we, as practitioners, benefit from getting our collective hearts and minds together.
- Two intake form examples
- You’ll observe a 90 minute initial herbal consultation: You’ll watch me go over a complete herbal intake with a new client. A copy of the client’s intake form will be shared (with permission) beforehand via Practice Better, if possible.
- You’ll have 1-2 days to come up with your assessment, short and long term goals, and formula ideas if you like. You are encouraged to share your thoughts and ask questions via a secure chat in Practice Better.
- Then we’ll meet as a group without the client for 60 minutes to share our observations and make a plan for the client. It is so powerful to get many hearts and minds working together for a client!
- If the client requests a follow-up, you’ll be invited back for no charge. We’ll meet with the client for up to 60 mins, then spend 30 mins revising the protocol if needed.
- 2+ hours of clinical observation noted via certificate of participation (helpful for completing education or RH requirements)
$20 for VCIH students (email me for the code) and Camille Freeman's Monday Mentoring folks (email her for the code)
The cost for the session is free for the client. The $25 covers the cost of the consult for them.
Our next clinical observation group:
Initial Consult: Monday, October 23, 6-7:30pm EST
Collaboration Session: Wednesday, October 35, 6-7pm EST
Please note these sessions are not recorded, you need to be able to be present for both at the scheduled times
- You are an advanced herbal student pursuing clinical training, or a practicing herbalist
- You have training in ethics, client privacy, and confidentiality
- You are able to attend the sessions via video in a private place where no one will be able to hear or see the video
- You agree to maintain confidentiality at all times
- You agree to treat the client with unconditional positive regard and compassion
- You bring an open heart and curiosity to our collaborative session
If you meet the prerequisites and you would like to join us, you can register below.
If you can’t make it this time, but would like to stay in the loop, send me an email at atticapothecary @ gmail.com and I'll reach out for the next round.